With the holidays approaching, we thought it might be helpful to share a lightened up recipe for when you are entertaining. We found it on the Food Network Web site, courtesy of Paula Deen.
- 1 (3-ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort chees
- Salt, for blanching water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into sticks
- Cherry tomatoes
In a mixing bowl, beat all ingredients except Roquefort until smooth. Add pepper, to taste. Fold Roquefort in at last minute, stirring gently so as not to crumble the cheese too much. Chill for 2 hours before serving with vegetable crudites.
Blanch broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots for 1 minute in boiling salted water; transfer to an ice water bath to stop cooking process. Arrange vegetables on a round platter and place dip in a bowl in the center.